It's been an emotion filled week. Yesterday was the UN Day of Happiness, and today is World Down Syndrome Day and Harmony Day in Australia. Today is also equinox. 'Equal amounts of light and darkness on both sides of the planet. A celebration of balance, of that point just before & just after, of the pause at the end of the exhale when we regain our footing on the earth, letting her pull us toward her so we can dance lightly but with exquisite balance' (Oriah). Very fitting I thought, as it is also Leroy's birth day.
All the memories of the last few minutes of Leroy's birth and his first day at the RCH have come flooding back today. I can't bring myself to think of it as his "birthday". To indulge in what might have been, and imagine Leroy running around as a healthy, happy 2 year old playing with Dylan and blowing out the candles on his birthday cake is torture - so I don't go there.
![]() |
| Fun at the strawberry farm |
We made a cake in honour of Leroy, made a special dessert with the strawberries we had picked, had a beautiful walk (more like a run, led by Dylan) in the forest and acknowledged what an amazing, beautiful, patient and caring brother Dylan was to Leroy, and what a wonderful son he is.
We also watched a 30 minute video of Leroy, celebrating his life with us. There have been many, many tears and hugs today, and it has been good to remember all the tenderness, love, care and beautiful family life we were able to give our beautiful Leroy (and ourselves). I have also been thinking a lot about all the amazing love and support we have and continue to receive, and the many incredible contributions that have come our way. Thank you so, so much.
![]() |
| Peter recording the guitar for our song tonight |
This is the first, VERY rough cut of the song, Brown Coloured Glasses. Not the kind of song I thought I would write, but this is what has come to the surface and it feels good to express myself and honour Leroy in this way.
3 April - new version is here


No comments:
Post a Comment