Our beautiful Leroy suffered severe brain damage during his birth on 21st March 2012. Leroy's fight ended on 19th October 2012, when he died peacefully in our arms, just short of being 7 months old.

This is our story of Loving Leroy.

We hope that it will provide information and support to others who may be in a similar situation.

Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Healing

Peter and I have always taken a pro-active approach to our health, so recovering from the emotional and physical stress of the last 19 months or so (since Leroy's birth), has been a focus of ours. We've tried quite a few things and I thought it might be worth sharing.

Firstly, we have a fantastic local GP, Hercules (it took me many years to find him) who has been very supportive of our family and understands and accepts that we do some things a 'bit differently'.

We also have a brilliant family chiropractor, Angus Pyke who, along with his colleagues, take excellent care of us. We have been having regular adjustments for many years (like a car has regular servicing) and we love the way they promote health as a life style, and look at health in a holistic way. 

We also love Traditional Chinese Medicine, and acupuncture is a 'go to' therapy for us when it comes to ailments, illnesses or just a feeling of wellbeing. This is also the case with homeopathy.

Then there is Rocco our fabulous dietitian. Diet has a great deal to with health (in my view) and we have been sorting out all kinds of things with my health. He is very practical and I feel we are making lots of head-way - especially in relation to the stress my body has been through. 

We have a wonderful local grief counsellor who has been our absolute saviour (through the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement). Sessions with her keep us relatively sane, and enable us to function day to day when things get tough. We see her separately and this has really worked well for us.

I have had a yucky persistent cough (and minor colds to accompany it) and I hadn't been able to shake it for 7 weeks. This is highly unusual for me, after such a long time I was starting to get a bit worried. I have been trying quite a few different things to no avail - until I tried something new. Dylan and I were in Port Fairy staying with my mum and mum recommended a Chiron practitioner.

It's a cross between chiropractic, and energy healing (white light stuff). After some investigation, I decided to give it a try. I know there will be some people reading this who will think I am a bit koo koo, and I can understand that, given I don't fully understand how it works yet myself, but I have to say it was brilliant. I have had a feeling for some time now, that there is some 'stuff' or energy bound up in me, relating to the grief, stress and loss around Leroy's birth, life and death.  I had a strong intuition that Chiron could help release and clear this energy.

Leroy's tree is in spectacular bloom at the
moment, and is very healthy and strong
despite our recent gale force winds.
First of all, without me saying much at all, Trevor said some things that really made sense (about my body and what I had been through) and rang true for me, so I relaxed and trusted he would be able to make a difference.

I felt some movement of energy in my torso/stomach area as he worked on me, and I went dizzy at one stage (which Trevor said would happen) and then he was done. My cough eased immediately, and over the next few days it continued to abate. At last, relief! I am going to see him again when we are next down that way.

There are some days when I feel like I am looking through 'crap' coloured glasses. I recognise it immediately these days - I feel quite low and everything I think about is coloured by my 'it's crap' glasses. Thankfully nowadays I just let it be and trust that the glasses will disappear soon, and remind myself that it is a stage I sometimes go through.  A much better alternative to beating myself up, telling myself I 'shouldn't' feel like this and thinking the world will end!

I think that the clearing/healing I did with Trevor has made way for some unresolved feelings and emotions to come to the surface that I now need to make sense of and work through. We are approaching the anniversary of Leroy's death, so it's not surprising. Thank goodness for all the amazing array of healing methods available to us - we are so so lucky. Peter and I will continue to hold on to the rails as our roller coaster keeps on riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment